We are using this blog to improve and maintain contact between pilots of light aircraft in the Lower Mainland and surrounding area's

Sunday, April 8, 2012

fuel pump problems

I am having trouble feeding a 912ul engine and think the manual fuel pump may be the problem. Good flow from wing tank to the pump but doesn't seem to be much to carbs, runs low on fuel at idle and starves. Should I be able to blow air through the pump towards the carbs? It seems I can do this as well s drawing air back in reverse through the pump. I am 60o miles north of Vancouver so need to work this out on my own! Any response appreciated.

The engine is in a basket case Pelican PL that I have completly rebuilt.

Doug Steele
CYXT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Connect a fuel pressure gauge to confirm the pump is the problem. Pressure should be 2.5-4lbs approx at the carb.

Sounds like the pump.Rotax Vernon should have one.