Hello friendly aviators,
We are looking to depart for Yellowknife on Saturday August 24th, 2013. We expect to be home on Sunday September 8th. If the weather is better we could be home sooner, but this leaves us plenty of time so as not to rush and minimize risk-taking on behalf of the weather.
Some have expressed interest in the trip, but don't like the idea of mosquitoes and camping. Others want to get more time out of a tank, as we will have to stop every two hours max for fuel based on our 12 gallon tank. I will try to accomodate these points as I work out the finer details and purchase maps over the Christmas break.
I'll post up some more info as I work it out, but if you are at all interested, please mark down the dates! :)
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Great turnout at the Xmas lunch today at the Big Ridge. It was good to see most of the group together and really good to have Fred and Beverly Glasbergen there. Fred is responsible for the Ultralight movement in Western Canada and I think we owe him a lot for that. Can't wait for spring, I think we have a great flying season ahead.