We are using this blog to improve and maintain contact between pilots of light aircraft in the Lower Mainland and surrounding area's

Thursday, September 18, 2008

beware Rivers Edge avionics

If you guys ever need your avionics serviced stay away from these guys. I dropped off my transponder in late July to these yahoo's. Tom Jackson the owner said he would contact me in a couple of days with a diagnosis. Weeks passed and Tom said they were very busy and could not get to it right away, fine, call me when you find out. I phoned him at least a dozen times trying to find out what was going on. Finally two weeks ago he tells me transponder is fine, but encoder is shot, could not find a time to go pick it up because of me working in Yakima now. So today I get a hold of him, ask him if I can pick it up tomorrow, he says fine. I get an email tonight saying the Transponder is beyond reasonable repair, and a quote for a new transponder and encoder. This guy is an A**HOLE cant wait till I see him tomorrow, they will remember me for a long time.


Bob

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bob I will remember that one.

James

Anonymous said...

I had a similar problem with them. They checked out my plane and said it was feasible to install a RNAV unit so I found a used one and dropped it off so they could make sure it worked before installing it. Never heard from them so I called twice and got the run around. After a month I went and picked up the unit and was told they were to busy to look at or install. What a complete waste of time,
Glenn

Anonymous said...

my brother just started working at Rivers Edge. I think they've been expanding and overhauling the business. You might want to give them another try.